Defining a suitable regulatory and commercial framework will provide a key foundation for the solar industry in Saudi Arabia. SASIA is committed to working with policy makers, academic, and private sector leaders to help promote this process. By encouraging cooperation between stakeholders, we hope to make the KSA a global leader in solar power generation.
Since solar power is a rapidly emerging field in the in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, policies and standards are in the early stages of development. Check this page regularly for details on current and upcoming policies as the Kingdom works to meet its growing demand for renewable energy.
Want to get involved in the process? Contact us.
Saudi Solar Policy Resources
Solar Shipping & Logistics
The following documents and other details are required for shipments to Saudi Arabia:
- Original BL. for Air waybill—it will be with the shipment.
- Invoice legalized from chamber of commerce.
- Certificate of origin legalized from chamber of commerce.
- Certificate of SASO preferred from Intertek lab.
- Customs duty of 5%
- Transfer remittance copy as per commercial invoice value.
- Ministry of commerce & industry can apply for duty exemptions by the consignee directly.
- Country of origin must be mentioned (Engraved or non-removable printing) on each item and package.
- Occasionally documents will be requested at the time of inspection (ex. CR copy and matching activity, copy of the consignee license, more over customs dep have the authority to ask for any type of documents during the inspection and clearance process).
Questions? Contact Mustafa Mazen Ayash, National Sales Manager Schenker Saudi Arabia LLC
Corporate Office P.O. Box 51615, Riyadh 11553 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Tel: +966 11 2176035 Ext: 129