Abundant solar potential gives the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) a unique opportunity to become one of the most energy-advantaged countries in the world. The Saudi Arabia Solar Industry Association (SASIA) is a non-governmental association that strives to make this vision a reality by helping Saudi Arabia and the Middle East realize the full economic and environmental potential of solar energy.
Our goal is to bring the national and regional solar industry together, transforming the vast solar potential of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East into a commercially- and environmentally-viable solution for our growing demand for electricity.
Our organization aims to:
- Create new business opportunities for its members through face-to-face meetings, workshops and lectures.
- Expand the use of all solar technologies at both the national and regional level, helping to keep pace with the Kingdom’s rapidly growing demand for electricity.
- Create employment opportunities in the solar industry throughout Saudi Arabia and across the Middle East, developing sustainable expertise within the KSA and reducing the need for foreign labour.
- Offer assistance to international solar companies who are contemplating investment in Saudi Arabia and the MENA region.
- Assist policy makers on matters related to solar policies, standards, and product certifications by making accurate, world-class information on the regional solar industry available in the form of white papers and research reports.
- Provide a single voice for the industry-a voice of Saudis for the benefit of Saudis.
Members of the Saudi Arabia Solar Industry Association are drawn from all sectors of the solar industry, including photovoltaics (PV), concentrated photovoltaics (CPV), concentrated solar power (CSP), and solar thermal. Membership is also open to suppliers to the solar industry such as glass, steel, and engineering companies.SASIA provides its members with services such as educational workshops, networking functions, and special reports on breakthrough solar innovations. We also provide assistance to international companies seeking to expand solar operations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East. The association is currently working on initiatives that bring together leaders from the policy sector, academia, and the private sector.